Sunday, March 16, 2008

of punctuality and things upkept

I bet almost everyone here in Malaysia (mostly to those Chinese) have or had attended wedding dinners before. Yet the first thing that struck me whenever I hear the word wedding dinner is an eminently long wait. In my opinion, attending wedding dinner is a very good way to test your patience as you have to endure a very lacklustre dinner/lunch which ever it may/might be.

And yet the reason for any of those lacklustre wedding lunch/dinner is the same. When I mean the same I mean the same for almost all of the Chinese wedding lunch/dinner I've ever attended in my life.
My parents always talk to me about punctuality and how it is a noble virtue that I as a Chinese should always keep, practice and remember. (other than being filial of course).

Yet I wonder why do all those wedding lunch/dinner commence 1-2 and sometimes to the extent of 3 hours later than the time arranged? Obviously I don't know why some people can be that inconsiderate. Yet it has always been such. I'd rarely seen people late for their date or meetings but why are they always late for wedding lunch/dinners?

Another thing that sticks to a bad wedding dinner like a sore thumb are the peeps who can't keep their so called "melodious" vibrations from their vocal chords to themselves.. And boy what a din they make. And I can tell you the songs they sing/sang can easily reach above 72 decibels. If you don't know any noise higher than 72 decibels is considered noise pollution. So next time you attend a wedding dinner make sure you bring some ear plugs if you know they are people who are going to sing. Maybe there might be a few good one but the chances are as good as finding a needle in a hay stack. But many are already prone to noise pollution so I guess it's not a really big factor to them.

And that's the end of that.

Now for something more my style.

I've experience, hear, see , wtv many weird things but it was the first time I heard about it and it was yesterday. A guy actually flashed at my friend over the web cam after she rejected him. Ok the guy on his web cam before she rejected him and after the rejection he flashed... damn what is the world turning to.

I mean guys becoming emo after rejection is normal but a flasher after rejection... something like that ain't right. And obviously this is like giving decent guys like me a bad name.... Xp Xp..... This is a shout out to all guys out there "never become a freaking sex maniac or a flasher just because you got rejected, things like this is never right"

This clearly shows teenagers today are over exposed to rated films. Furthermore these rated films are easily accessible. With films like this easily available, no wonder rape crime are on the rise.


And the world is turning to a place I never knew existed.

Screw it.

1 comment:

- said...

Wow. Amazing. Yeah. guys like those definitely give relatively not so psycho guys a bad name. Huh,who knew. Anyway. Poetry? Yeah, the heat fried my brain and it came up with mush like that. Interesting to see your take on wedding dinners/lunches. Has anyone told you lately? Life's an unfair, bitter, hypocritical box of chocolate that WILL attack you if you give it a chance. :D