Thursday, March 20, 2008

Do re mi....

Do re mi fa so la ti do....

Does this sound familiar? Well of course we have been hearing this since we are still toddlers.. And yet now when I'm so much older, I'm beginning to see these 8 notes in a very different way... I learned these 8 notes in piano where Do is C, Re is D, Mi is E and so forth.. And now instead of learning them with an instrument, I'm back to square one, where I am back to learning it vocally.

And yet the ability to master it vocally differs from mastering it with an instrument. With an instrument you can go beyond the middle group, which means you can reach the higher and lower groups of notes. But that's not possible in singing. For you see every body's vocal range differs. Hence, the many different types of singers are born. We have the opera singers, R & B singers, Soul singers, rock and roll singers.... And there are even those who are able to master and grasp all types of singing style due to their wide vocal range..

Well as for me I'm still finding my vocal range. But until now, I haven't been able to hit a high note well. With some practice i might be able to it, I hope.....But mastering isn't an easy thing, you have to put in a lot of sweat and blood and most importantly time. It's amusing how something we thought we knew could turn out to be something we know nothing of at all..Look like I still have a long way to go and a lot of things to learn in this life..

& life is a longer journey than I'd ever expected

No comments: