Monday, March 31, 2008

Of Blending in and forgetting myself.

Let's just treat me an individual as a ping-pong ball and the society as the sea. Whenever the wave pushes me left I go left, when it pushes me right, I go right. This is how I have been living. People say that I "tiada pendirian" (meaning I don't have my own stand) for just going with the flow. Yet how could I anchor myself on this vast sea called society and if I could, what would prevent me a mere ping pong ball from sinking into the deep abyss of the sea.

For any attempts to go against the flow there is an equal amount of negative feed backs. A very fine example of these are :

"Walau like that also don't dare ar...So kia si"

or

"Do like that for what? You think people will notice you?"

or

"Come on la brother what are you thinking? "

and even

"Why today you act so weird one?"

And if you continue doing so you'll get nicknames from people like "penakut" , "mei you zhong", "ball-less" and so forth. Come to think of it, people had been going with the flow since who knows when. For every era, there will be a particular type of fashion sense, taste and ambition. If you don't call this going with the flow, then what do you think that is called? Naive or dumb?

And the ability to be able to blend oneself into society is by forgetting oneself. Only by doing so can one merge with the society. If you ask me whether blending in is important, well I think it is.
When you blend in with society, you'll be able to learn more about people, life and experience it first hand. When you finally what going with the flow taste like, then only can one learn more about oneself as an unique individual.

As a guy once said " To be able to get over one thing is to be able to go through the entire phase, and fully experience how it feels like." and yes, be it pain, love, hatred, sorrow and even joy. Go through it all then detached yourselves from it. When it comes back again, go through it all over again. It's the same as going with the flow. Go with it for awhile, be engrossed, be totally absorbed by it. Then almost unknowingly, slip out of it. Soon the trend will lose it's value of attractiveness. So when the next, and the next and the next wave comes, do the same thing and you'll soon find yourself learning more and more about this place we live in ; this place we call Earth.


& I float uncertainly like the ping pong ball...

No comments: